Newly signed AFC Bournemouth forward Antoine Semenyo has described his run with Ghana at the 2022 FIFA World Cup as an experience he will cherish for a long time.
He said this in an exclusive interview with Bournemouth after penning a four and a half year deal with the English Premier League side.
Bournemouth courted the services of the former Sunderland and Newport County player for a while and made two transfer bids to Bristol prior to the January 27 agreed deal.
Bournemouth Chief Executive Neill Blake highlighted the team’s interest in the versatile forward in a separate interview. (Click highlighted text to read full story)
London born Semenyo committed his international football career to Ghana and was selected to compete in last year’s FIFA World Cup in Qatar with the Black Stars and the 23 year old says the campaign will stick with him for a while.
“I don’t even know how to put it into words. It’s crazy playing against top players representing your country as well so it’s a big thing but I loved every moment and I will cherish that for a long time” he said.
Semenyo played against Portugal and Uruguay as Ghana crashed out of the World Cup at the preliminary stage.